Pigeon Point Lighthouse near Half Moon Bay
You can probably tell by the last few posts that my mind is several hundred miles from the Arizona desert. In particular I am thinking today of our trip to the northern coast of California that we took a couple of years ago. I can remember this day like it was yesterday. It was so cool that I had to wear a sweatshirt. In August!
I am thinking that two years is way too much time in between trips so…I’m lobbying for something up the Oregon coast. I read once about a guided tour hunting for fossils along a beach somewhere. Doesn’t that sound like fun?
Do you know how some days you’re the windshield and others you’re the bug? Well, today I felt like the bug. I don’t know how fast the car that hit me was going, but they were definitely breaking the speed limit. SPLAT! That’s how my day went. As if that wasn’t bad enough, someone kept smacking me with the windshield wipers! But, tomorrow is another day, and thinking back to this trip makes me feel better.
A few observations I made today:
- It must be an election year. Everyone thinks they have something important to say (or know someone who does) and is convinced I want to hear it.
- When Neil Armstrong got frustrated because something didn’t work, did he say “They can send me to the moon, but they can’t make this simple thing work”?
- It must be an election year because I’m starting to hear all the same promises I heard 4 years ago.
- If something gets ruined in the wash it will be your favorite pair of shorts.
- If it only rains for 5 minutes a day it will be when you walk from your car to the office. And forgot your umbrella.
- A bad day on the water is better than a good day at work.
- It must be an election year.